I am making every step count this February
This February, I am taking part in BrainWalk and walking, jogging or running as far as I can to improve my own health and wellbeing and help save lives!
I am raising money for the Encephalitis Society, a cause close to my heart.
Encephalitis is a neurological condition that can be devastating.
Here are five facts you may not know:
1. Encephalitis is inflammation of the brain.
2. It is caused by an infection or through the immune system attacking the brain.
3. Anyone can be affected by encephalitis – no matter their age, gender or ethnicity.
4. It has a high death rate and survivors are often left with an acquired brain injury and life-changing consequences.
5. In some cases, encephalitis can have an impact on mental health, causing difficulties to deal with emotions and behaviours, and can lead to thoughts of self-harm and even suicide.
One person is diagnosed with encephalitis every minute across the world, and life for them and their loved ones will never be the same again.
Every donation I receive will go to the Encephalitis Society, helping accelerate understanding and awareness of encephalitis and ensuring that those affected by this serious neurological condition get the crucial help and support they need.
Please help if you can.
50% of Fundraising Achieved
Reached Fundraising Target
Made a self-donation
Reached Step 50%
Reached Step Target
Updated Profile Pic
Added a Blog Post
5 Years of New LifeMonday 9th Jan Thanks to Headway for their support!
Thank you to my Sponsors
Antonia & Mervyn Mckee
We know you can do it. Good luck.
Good luck! Proud of you!
Wishing you the best of luck, Isabel! Very proud that you’re bringing much needed awareness to a condition where there is great unmet medical need. All the best!
Good luck and keep going Isabel😉
You got this!!!
Proud of you!
Good luck. You can do it!
Good luck Isabel! What a great cause!
Good luck! 🙏
Great cause! Any time you need a friend to walk with let me know xx