My Activity Tracking
My target 280000 Steps
I am making every step count this February for an illness I suffered with.
This February, I am taking part in BrainWalk and walking, jogging or running as far as I can to improve my own health and wellbeing and help save lives!
I am raising money for the Encephalitis Society, a cause close to my heart.
Encephalitis is a neurological condition that can be devastating. Here are five facts you may not know:
1. Encephalitis is inflammation of the brain.
2. It is caused by an infection or through the immune system attacking the brain.
3. Anyone can be affected by encephalitis – no matter their age, gender or ethnicity.
4. It has a high death rate and survivors are often left with an acquired brain injury and life-changing consequences.
5. It is more common in many countries than motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis, bacterial meningitis and cerebral palsy.
One person is diagnosed with encephalitis every minute across the world, and life for them and their loved ones will never be the same again.
Every donation I receive will go to the Encephalitis Society, helping accelerate understanding and awareness of encephalitis and ensuring that those affected by this serious neurological condition get the crucial help and support they need. Please help if you can.
50% of Fundraising Achieved
Reached Fundraising Target
Made a self-donation
Reached Step 50%
Reached Step Target
Updated Profile Pic
Added a Blog Post
Enchephalitis changed my lifeSaturday 1st Jan 6 years ago I suffered with an illness that doctors didn’t know what it was. I was admitted to a psychiatric ward as they thought I had a mental illness, they were pumping me with lots of different drugs that were making me worse. It got to the point where I was led in bed not being able to function, my life was slowly slipping away my body was starting to shut down. After a neurologist decided to take me on and my family being told twice to prepare for the worst with numerous tests, different medications and treatments and a 3 month stay they
Thank you to my Sponsors