My Activity Tracking
My target 100000 Steps
We are making every step count this February
This February, we are taking part in BrainWalk and walking, as far as we can to improve our own health and wellbeing and help raise awareness and save lives.
We are raising money for the Encephalitis Society, a cause close to our hearts.
Encephalitis is a neurological condition that can be devastating. Here are five facts you may not know:
1. Encephalitis is inflammation of the brain.
2. It is caused by an infection or through the immune system attacking the brain.
3. Anyone can be affected by encephalitis – no matter their age, gender or ethnicity.
4. It has a high death rate and survivors are often left with an acquired brain injury and life-changing consequences.
5. It is more common in many countries than motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis, bacterial meningitis and cerebral palsy.
One person is diagnosed with encephalitis every minute across the world, and life for them and their loved ones will never be the same again.
Every donation we receive will go to the Encephalitis Society, helping accelerate understanding and awareness of encephalitis and ensuring that those affected by this serious neurological condition get the crucial help and support they need. Please donate if you can.
50% of Fundraising Achieved
Reached Fundraising Target
Made a self-donation
Reached Step 50%
Reached Step Target
Updated Profile Pic
Added a Blog Post
Help us save livesFriday 21st Jan My daughter Alice, was diagnosed with viral Encephalitis in 2018. She was 4 at the time. The condition is a very nasty one and no 2 people affected are affected the same. We are walking during the 28 days of February and clocking up the steps to hopefully raise some money and most importantly raise awareness of this condition and its long term effects.
Thank you to my Sponsors