I am making every step count this February
This February, I am taking part in BrainWalk and walking, jogging or running as far as I can to improve my own health and wellbeing and help save lives!
I am raising money for the Encephalitis Society, a cause close to my heart.
Encephalitis is a neurological condition that can be devastating. Here are five facts you may not know:
1. Encephalitis is inflammation of the brain.
2. It is caused by an infection or through the immune system attacking the brain.
3. Anyone can be affected by encephalitis – no matter their age, gender or ethnicity.
4. It has a high death rate and survivors are often left with an acquired brain injury and life-changing consequences.
5. In some cases, encephalitis can impact on mental health, causing difficult to deal with emotions and behaviours, and can lead to thoughts of self-harm and even suicide.
One person is diagnosed with encephalitis every minute across the world, and life for them and their loved ones will never be the same again.
Every donation I receive will go to the Encephalitis Society, helping accelerate understanding and awareness of encephalitis and ensuring that those affected by this serious neurological condition get the crucial help and support they need. Please help if you can.
50% of Fundraising Achieved
Reached Fundraising Target
Made a self-donation
Reached Step 50%
Reached Step Target
Updated Profile Pic
Added a Blog Post
My Papa's StoryWednesday 1st Feb As many of you know, my Papa, Tony, was diagnosed with encephalitis in June after suffering a couple of massive seizures. He spent 3 weeks in intensive care in an induced coma, on a ventilator and getting pumped full of drugs. He then spent a further 6 weeks on a ward in Raigmore Hospital recovering enough to come home.
Thank you to my Sponsors
Julie. Martin & Strathcarron Brewery
Ed & Victoria
Good luck!!! (I’m sure the dogs at mums will help you get some steps!!!)
We will walk with you, just a message away xx
Well done guys x
Mrs Siobhan C Kelsey
Go girl! This is from Me and Martin & Strathcarron Brewery.