My Activity Tracking
My target 300000 Steps
I am making every step count this February
This February, I am taking part in BrainWalk and walking, jogging or running as far as I can to improve my own health and wellbeing and help save lives!
I am raising money for the Encephalitis Society, a cause close to my heart.
Encephalitis is a neurological condition that can be devastating. Here are five facts you may not know:
1. Encephalitis is inflammation of the brain.
2. It is caused by an infection or through the immune system attacking the brain.
3. Anyone can be affected by encephalitis – no matter their age, gender or ethnicity.
4. It has a high death rate and survivors are often left with an acquired brain injury and life-changing consequences.
5. It is more common in many countries than motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis, bacterial meningitis and cerebral palsy.
One person is diagnosed with encephalitis every minute across the world, and life for them and their loved ones will never be the same again.
Every donation I receive will go to the Encephalitis Society, helping accelerate understanding and awareness of encephalitis and ensuring that those affected by this serious neurological condition get the crucial help and support they need. Please help if you can.
50% of Fundraising Achieved
Reached Fundraising Target
Made a self-donation
Reached Step 50%
Reached Step Target
Updated Profile Pic
Added a Blog Post
Start as you mean to go on.Tuesday 1st Feb Day one and I’ve managed to walk from windy Woodingdean to Rottingdean and back, with only a mild case of wind burn. Martha slept the whole time so no words of encouragement from her to keep me going. Luckily mum was on hand to help push me up the hills on the way back. Share
Thank you to my Sponsors
Tanya And Jack X
Tegs And Tris
Katie & Dario
Chloe And James
Colette And Phil